MIDISPORT 8x8 USB MIDI INTERFACE / PATCHBAY
The flagship of Midiman's MIDISPORT
line, the USB MIDISPORT 8x8/s is a
powerhouse with features and bandwith
to burn. In addition to being a gateway
to the high speed and enormous
channel capacity that USB offers, the MIDISPORT 8x8/s may also be connected to the "legacy" serial ports
of older computers. Rock-solid drivers for both Apple computers and PC's, full SMPTE implementation, and the ability
to run multiple units simultaneously are just a few of the phenomenal features of this interface. Add to that
stand-alone MIDI patchbay operation, a MIDI cable tester, and an easy-to-read front panel design, and it's easy to see why the MIDISPORT
8x8/s is one of the most sought-after multi-port MIDI interfaces on the market today!
The entire MIDISPORT line from Midiman is designed to meet the varying needs of today's music makers.
With some of the most dependable drivers on the market, Midiman brings more and more people every day to the power and
convenience that USB (Universal Serial Bus) has to offer. Installation is a breeze, with no computer disassembly,
no jumpers to set, no IRQs or DMA channels to configure.
SMPTE Time Code Writer/Reader:
- Reads and writes 24,25,29, 97, 30
drop or 30 non-drop frame LTC SMPTE
- Any SMPTE time write offset may be
set-up via included control panel
- Converts LTC to MIDI Time Code
(MTC) for syncing any MTC capable
- Selectable "flywheel" that can be set
to any value from 1 frame to 255
frames, or forever
- Can perfectly regenerate even the
worst SMPTE Time Code
- Performs "JAM" sync in all modes
- 8 independent in / 8 independent out MIDI Interface (128x128 MIDI
channels) in professional 19" single height rack mount chassis.
- High-speed connection to USB-equipped PC or Apple computers.
- Alternate "legacy" serial connection to non-USB PC or Apple
- MIDI-activity indicators for each port.
- Built-in "MIDI cable tester" mode.
- When disconnected from the PC, unit operates as a stand-alone MIDI patchbay.
- Comes with 6' USB cable.
- Includes Windows and Mac Control Panel software.
- Supports SMPTE lock up to midi
- Includes OMS drivers for Mac OS 8.6 and above on CD.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP compatible -- true Plug-and-Play installation requires no IRQ, I/O Address or DMA channel setup.
- Lifetime Warranty
WINDOWS 98, Me, 2000 or XP
MAC OS 8.6 or higher, plus OMS (OMS provided on CD)