KURZWEIL K2600X 88 NOTE KEYBOARD WORKSTATION
The K2600, the latest instrument in the evolution of Kurzweil's V.A.S.T.
synthesizer/samplers, offers 400+ programs, state of the art interactive sounds,
effects, and V.A.S.T. flexible architecture. Keyboard models offer 8 sliders,
600mm & 20mm ribbons, wheels, switches, pedals, mono-pressure, breath
controller and more for unprecedented control. The K2600X is an 88 note
weighted action keyboard and the K2600 is a 76 note semi-weighted action.
12 MB of the highest quality sounds are provided and can be expanded to 44 MB
via four plug in sound ROM option boards (accepts K2500 Orchestral and
Contemporary ROM option boards plus 2 additional ROM expansion boards).
All K2600s include Kurzweil's award winning stereo grand piano, KB3 tone
wheel organ models, and a 24 band vocoder model. Interactive setups provide
grooves, arpeggiated patterns and complimentary performance sounds with lots
of real time controls to explore. The 32 track interactive song arranger allows
complex sequences to be controlled and triggered from a variety of sources.
The K2600 can be expanded to 128MB with 72 pin SIMMs. The K2600
sampling option provides 20 bit digital output and allows external analog or digital
stereo signals to be processed 'live' through the entire architecture in real-time.
The 8 channel DI0-26 option allows the K2600 to process 8 incoming digital
signals via the DMTi (from ADAT, TDIF, or AES/EBU sources) and send
processed signals out separately or digitally mix them to stereo (analog or
AES/EBU or SPDIF) with effects + V.A.S.T. processing and real-time control. 8
analog balanced (or unbalanced) outputs are standard, as are the dual 25 pin
SCSI connectors for external storage. An internal HD can be added. Reads most
popular sample formats including Roland S700 series (from SCSI only), Akai
S900, S950, S1000, S3000, and Ensoniq EPS, EPS16, ASR10. It can also
import and export .WAV and AIFF sample formats as well as .MID files. K2600
series instruments read all K2000, K2500 formats as well including sequences,
programs samples etc.
The K2600 and the K2600X are full-fledged MIDI controllers with a wealth of
assignable control sources. An expressive pressure strip, centered above the
keyboard, can be programmed in three zones or one long zone to provide a
"touch and hold" facility. A short pressure strip and two buttons near the pitch and
mod wheels add dramatically to the instruments' expressiveness. The front panel
also incorporates eight independently assignable sliders, two assignable switch
buttons, and eight control buttons with tri-colored LEDs.
The rear panels of the K2600 and K2600X provide additional controller inputs
and interfacing options. The controller inputs include four footswitch, one
breath-controller and two continuous control pedal jacks. Connectivity is easy
with two 25-pin SCSI connectors and MIDI In, Out and Thru (MIDI Thru
switchable to a copy of MIDI Out). Rear panel outputs include a pair of mixed
audio outs, eight individual balanced audio outs, and one headphone output.
- K2600 - 76-note semi-weighted piano-style keyboard
- K2600X - 88-note fully-weighted piano-style keyboard.
- Highly readable 60 x 240 backlit LCD display
- Sample RAM: Up to 128 MB via non-composite 72 pin SIMMs.
- Sequence/Program RAM: 486KB user-programmable battery-backed RAM, expandable to 1.5 MB via PRAM upgrade kit.
- Comes with 438 preset programs (238 in ROM and 200 more loaded into RAM, with back up for RAM programs on disk)
- Room for a total of 1000 programs in memory.
- Flash ROM (for software updates via floppy disk and SCSI).
- V.A.S.T. variable architecture synthesis with 60 DSP functions
- Polyphony: 48 voices.
- Live Mode allows real time V.A.S.T. and KDFX processing of an external signal (requires sampling option)
- Sampling Option with analog and digital I/O and sample-while-play
- KB3 Mode adds an incredible tone wheel organ emulation
- Full MIDI controller capabilities: Includes 8 sliders, 2 ribbon controllers, 2 button switches, 4 switch pedal jacks, 2 continuous controller jacks, breath controller jack, mod wheel (without spring), pitch bend wheel (with spring), and aftertouch - all assignable to any MIDI controller number.
- Extensive sample processing capabilities
- 32-track sequencer
- Advanced File Management System (AFMS)
- Dual SCSI ports
- Up to 44 MB onboard ROM sounds, 12 MB base ROM plus additional 8 MBOrchestral ROM, 8 MB Contemporary ROM and 2 more 8 MB blocks to be released in the future.
- Powerful KDFX digital reverb and effects
- DMTi Digital Multi Track interface option for data format and sample rate conversion (interfaces with Alesis ADAT and Tascam DA-88).
- Display: 64 x 240 fluorescent backlit display.
- Power Supply: User switchable international power supply.
- Analog I/O: 8 balanced audio outs plus mix stereo pair (can also be used as unbalanced).
- 600-ohm stereo headphone out.
- With SMP-2X sampling option: Stereo 1/4 in. unbalanced analog hi-Z input (tip/ring/sleeve); two balanced lo-Z (XLR) inputs.
- Digital I/O: With SMP-2X: 2 channels AES/EBU, SPDIF (via Optical and RCA)inputs and outputs. With Digital Input/Output Option: 8 channels of input and output via KDS ports.
- SCSI support: Two SCSI-1 25-pin connectors.
- Software Upgrades: User-installed upgrades via 3.5 in. DOS-compatible diskette or SCSI. Software available for download from Kurzweil's web site. DOS compatibility required.
- AFMS File System: User-friendly cataloging and retrieval of individual objects.
- Powerful utilities including: file search, info about media/available space, disk macros, startup file applications, and more.
- Sequencer: Full-function sequencer with 16 song and 16 arrangement tracks.
- Offers pattern, linear, and step recording, Cut, Copy, Paste, advanced 'groove' quantizing, event list editing and other powerful editing tools.
- Sequences can be triggered in real time from the keyboard.
- Compatibility: Reads/writes Standard MIDI Files, AIFF and WAVE files.
- Reads libraries in Roland 700 series, Akai S900, S950, S1000, S1100, and S3000, and Ensoniq EPS, and ASR file formats.
- Dimensions: K2600 47.8" x 17.8" x 4.8" (121.4 cm x 45.1 cm x 12.2 cm), K2600X 54.3" x 17.8" x 4.8" (137.9 cm x 45.1 cm x 12.2 cm)
- Weight: K2600 55.5 lbs. (25.2 kg), K2600X 72 lbs. (32.7 kg)
- Suggested List Price: K2600 $6,256.00, K2600S $7,140.00 (includes sampling option), K2600X $6,820.00, K2600XS $7,700.00 (includes sampling option).
- SMP-2X Advanced Sampling Option with Digital I/O, Optical I/O, and Sample-while-play.
DSP functions include time compression/expansion, pitch shifting, re-sampling, pasting samples on a beats per minute time line
(Mix Beat), volume ramps, mix sample and many other functions.
- DIO-26 Digital Input/Output Option adds the ability to input and output eight channels of digital audio to/from the K2600.
All incoming audio can then be routed through V.A.S.T. and KDFX processing.
- DMTi Digital MultiTrack interface performs real-time digital data format conversion between K2600, AES/EBU, SPDIF, ADAT and DA-88.
It simultaneously performs real-time sample-rate conversion to 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or a variety of external clock rates.
- Contemporary ROM, Orchestral ROM Soundblocks add additional ROM samples, along with new preset programs and setups
- PRAM-26 Program RAM Memory Expansion increases the amount of battery backed RAM from 486k to 1503k.