Cakewalk Metro 5
Metro 5 is the complete digital audio and MIDI studio for the Mac. It provides everything you need to
produce professional quality music and sound projects from concept to completion.
Record tracks using any musical instrument or sound source. Arrange your music with flexible pattern-based
sequencing. Explore new ideas with creative songwriting tools. Mix in real-time using automated audio
effects. Edit and print notation. Even produce scores for film, video and QuickTime movies.
Whether you’re producing music professionally or for personal enjoyment, all the recording and editing tools
you need are right here. Step into a multitrack Mac studio with Metro 5.
New for Metro 5
- Improved user interface for increased musical productivity
- Support for ASIO-compatible audio cards
- Automated real-time effects processing
- Up to 8 stereo auxiliary busses for routing real-time effects
- Improved drag-and-drop editing of audio
- Audio file compression for improved disk storage
- VU meters for accurate level monitoring of audio and MIDI
- Audio scrubbing for quick auditioning of tracks
- Crossfades with linear and exponential curves
- Wide range of desktop color schemes
- Context-sensitive, searchable Online Help
- Online tutorials
Metro's new features complement an existing list of outstanding recording and editing tools!
Multitrack Digital Audio
- Record up to 64 tracks of digital audio
- Record at variable sampling rates from 11.025 kHz to 48 kHz
- Edit and process with sample accuracy and off-line edits
- Apply effects for real-time processing and off-line edits
- Includes 2-band parametric E.Q., delay, chorus, reverb, flanger, Mono tremolo
- Drag and drop editing of audio regions
- Normalize, reverse, fade, audio
- Crossfade with linear and exponential curves
- Scale amplitude (Gain Change)
- Merge audio (Combine)
- Responsive real-time mixing
- Stereo mix-downs
- Up to 99 tracks of MIDI per section, up to 32 sections per song file
- Step record, punch in-out, loop record, sound on sound record, and multi-take record
- Flexible pattern-based sequencing
- Edit notes, controllers, tempo, pitch bend and drum patterns within a single window
- Real time arpeggiator for streaming and arpeggio patterns
- Fade, cross-fade and automate volume, pan and other data
- Quantize, Groove Quantize, and Humanize to create perfect grooves
- Pitch, bend and transpose notes
- Drum grid editing
- Criteria-based editing
- Record, edit SysEx data
- Multiple time/key signatures per song
- Velocity editing
- Edit and print notation
- Turn MIDI tracks into notation
- Transcribe a MIDI performance or enter notes with a mouse
- Print scores with titles, expression text, dynamic markings and scalable staves
Compose for film, video and QuickTime movies
- Sync MIDI tracks to SMPTE/MTC timecode for scoring to film and video
- Import and export audio to and from QuickTime movies
Creative songwriting tools
- Experiment and apply different rhythms in real-time with the Rhythmic Explorer™
- Paint a musical canvas with the Note Spray™ tool. Generate notes within a defined range or improvise freely
BIAS SFX Machine Lite™
- Enhance your audio tracks with this multi-effects plug-in
- Comes with 20 special effects presets
Add third-party audio plug-ins
- Add more effects when needed with Adobe Premiere and VST-compatible audio plug-ins
Recording MIDI Only:
Recording MIDI and Audio:
- PowerPC/iMac with 8 MB of RAM or more.
- Mac-compatible MIDI interface.
- OMS and QuickTime Musical Instruments for internal playback.
- Mac OS System 7.0 or later.
- MIDI Timepiece, OMS, Galaxy, SampleCell, and Unisyn v1.0 supported but not required.
- CD-ROM required for installation
- PowerPC/iMac capable of 16-bit input.
- 5 MB RAM free per audio track.
- Real-time effects require additional memory.
- Sound Manager 3.2 or greater for audio input/output.
- QuickTime 2.5 or better required for importing/exporting audio, displaying QuickTime movies.
- CD-ROM required for installation
Audio Hardware Support:
In addition to Apple Sound Manager, Metro 5 supports ASIO-compatible audio devices, including:
- MOTU 2408
- AudioMedia III
- Event Layla
- Yamaha SW1000 XG
- Korg 1212 I/0
- Sonorus Stud/O
- Alesis PRC
- Lucid PCI 24