QS7.1 64 Voice Expandable Synthesizer
America's Favorite Synth Family Keeps Getting Better
The QS7.1™ is one of the newest members of Alesis’ award-winning QS Series of keyboards and synth modules. It offers an excellent selection of new features including a newly-designed backlit LCD display that’s larger than that of the preceding keyboards, making it perfect for live performances. The QS7.1 also includes dedicated buttons for “Transpose” and “Sequence Select”, allowing you to immediately access these functions without paging through menus. Plus, we’ve enhanced the General MIDI sound set so that composition and playback of compatible files are even better sounding than before, and the new Alesis Synthesizers CD-ROM software pack has been improved to offer more powerful tools for serious MIDI productions.
Hundreds of Sounds, Open-Ended Expansion: Up to 32MB Simultaneously
The QS7.1 offers an immense 16MB onboard sound library, comprising 640 programs and 500 multitimbral mixes. You’ll find Alesis’ highly-acclaimed stereo grand piano sounds, as well as dozens of organs, cutting-edge and vintage synth sounds, strings, brass, winds, guitars, drums, percussion, loops and much more. In addition to its great onboard collection of sounds, the QS7.1 is compatible with Alesis’ QCard™ ROM expansions, so you can add another 16MB of brand new samples and program/ mix information in nearly every musical genre by using the two rear panel card slots. The QS7.1 is also compatible with our Sound Bridge™software that lets you import, save and playback AIFF, WAV and other sample formats, allowing you to use your own samples or sounds from other sample libraries.
Powerful, Professional Performance Tools
The QS7.1 provides four edit/control sliders and two pedal inputs that are assignable to nearly any sound or effect modulation parameter and features a 76-key semi-weighted keyboard with velocity, release velocity and aftertouch functions. Also, the QS7.1 includes a dedicated sustain pedal jack, pitch and mod wheels, and aftertouch for your most expressive performances.
Comprehensive MIDI Productions: Alesis Synthesizer CD-ROM
The Alesis Synthesizer CD-ROM which comes with each QS Series synth includes a slew of full-featured software-based MIDI production tools from innovative companies like Emagic™, Opcode™ and Alesis. Built for both Mac® and Windows® platforms, you’ll get the Sound Bridge and FreeLoader applications, plus programs for sequencing and digital audio, editor/librarians, notation, extra samples, programs and mixes, sample sequences, demos and more.
Innovative Interfaces, Onboard Multieffects and More
The QS7.1 offers a high-speed serial data port for direct computer interfacing in addition to their MIDI In, Out and Thru connections, and the ADAT Optical output for direct digital audio connection to a wide variety of recorders, mixers and other tools that use this standard multichannel transfer protocol. The built-in multieffects include great-sounding reverb, chorus, distortion, EQ, delay, rotary speaker simulation and more.
- New! Dedicated "Transpose" and "Sequence Select" buttons, large, easy-to-read display, enhanced GM sound set
- Hundreds of sounds and multitimbral mixes for your best compositions and performances
- Includes Alesis' acclaimed stereo grand piano sounds
- 64 voice polyphony
- 76-note semi-weighted keyboard
- Multiple controller features for powerful live performances
- Easy-to-understand interface for performing, programming and editing
- Expansion card slots for adding an additional 16MB of new sounds, and Sound Bridge software for adding your own custom samples
- ADAT Optical Digital Interface and Serial Data port
- Included CD-ROM gets you rolling with software for MIDI sequencing, notation, editor/librarians, sample manipulation, extra sounds for the QS Series and more
- Play back up to 100 Standard MIDI File sequences without any external sequencing device
- Sound Generation Method: 16 Bit Linear 48kHz Sample ROM
- Synthesis: QS Composite Synthesis ™
- Voices: 64, each with sweepable lowpass filter, 3 envelope generators, 3 LFOs, programmable effects send and QS Modulation Matrix, dynamic voice allocation
- Keyboard Section: 76 semi-weighted keys (velocity, release velocity, aftertouch sensitive)
- Available Waveform Memory: 16 MB, expandable to 32 MB via PCMCIA Expansion Card Slots
- Program Memory: 512 Preset, 128 User Mix Mode (400 Preset, 100 User)
- Effects: QS Parallel Matrix Effects™ (4 independent stereo multieffect processing busses)
- Multitimbral Mode: QS Mix Mode (64 Part multitimbral across 16 MIDI channels)
- Controllers: 4 Control Sliders, Programmable Pitch and Modulation wheels, Aftertouch
- Expansion Slots: PCMCIA card slots, QCard and Sound Bridge compatible
- User Interface: Backlit custom LCD display
- Pedal Jacks: Two Assignable Aux pedal jack, Sustain pedal jack
- MIDI Connections: MIDI In, Out, Thru.
- Serial Jack: High Speed computer interface switchable between RS 422 and RS 232 protocols, Mac and PC compatible
- Audio Outputs: Stereo L and R outputs
- Power: Internal Transformer
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 44.25in. x 3.5in. x 11.5in
- Weight: 33 lbs. (14 kg.)